Welcome to European Health and Safety Consultants Limited (EHSC Ltd)
We provide an extensive range of health and safety services, to a vast array of companies – large and small, local, national and international.
Health & Safety Executive (HSE) 2011/12 Statistics
- 15,955 Notices were issued by Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and Local Authorities (LAs) (a decrease of 13% from 2010/11)
- Revenue generated by FFI in first 6 months of new cost recovery scheme by HSE – £2,6373, with an average FFI invoice of £464 (However it’s important to remember that this scheme is in its infancy and this figure does not include ongoing complex cases which span billing periods)
- HSE prosecuted 584 cases; conviction secured in 537 cases (conviction rate – 92%)
- HSE prosecuted 969 offences of H&S, resulting in 780 convictions (conviction rate – 80%)
- Duty holders found guilty of H&S offences received fines totalling £15.6 million, an average penalty of £20,056 per offence
- LAs prosecuted 96 cases, with a conviction secured in 93 cases
- LAs prosecuted 196 offences, resulting in 188 convictions (conviction rate – 96%)
- Duty holders found guilty of H&S offences received fines totalling £1.3 million, an average penalty of £6,891 per offence
The Health & Safety Executive makes the details of all prosecutions and notices including the Company names and breaches to anybody on their website.
(Source – www.hse.gov.uk)