The HSE are currently proposing various changes to CDM. It is believed that some of the changes it is considering introducing include:
• Duties for domestic premises
• Applying the CDM requirements to all projects where more than one contractor operates
• Removing certain requirements regarding competence in Regulation 4
• Replacing the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) with a series of Guidance Notes
• Replacing the (“up front”) design-phase duties of the current CDM Coordinator with a new “Project Preparation Manager”.
The official consultation period is likely to start in the summer with the changes to the CDM Regulations likely to come into effect in late 2014.
We will keep you posted on this as things become more concrete!